Tricks To Compress Video Files Using VLC Media Player
Tricks To Compress Video Files:
We all know the name VLC. But do you really know that VLC has the feature to Compress Video files? There’s a lot more you can do with VLC. VLC is one of the most widely used Windows media player around the world. It is the first application that most Windows users download and install on their PCs to watch movies and play music. A major reason is that VLC media player is free, open source software, easy to use, play videos of almost any format and tons of customization features available.
In addition to play multimedia files, VLC media player is also capable of converting, cutting and resizing any video in no time. Yes, you herd it right. Instead of downloading other third party softwares from internet, you can use VLC to easily convert videos from one format to other or simply to compress them to suit your requirements. Converting videos with VLC media player is pretty fast and even matches several paid softwares in terms of quality.
Why Use VLC Media Player To Compress Video Files?
- Free and Open Source software.
- Available for all platform like Windows, MAC, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Compress multiple video files simultaneously.
- Can compress unlimited files.
Also See : How To Create Torrent & Share Your Own Files
How To Compress Video Files Using VLC?
- First, download VLC media player for PC, MAC, Linux, Android or iOS.
- Install and launch your VLC media player.
- Click on the Menu –> Media option.
- Click on Convert / Save option. (Use the shortcut Ctrl + R which will take you to the Convert/Save window directly)
- If the video file is stored on your PC / MAC, then choose File tab and click on the Add button to choose it. If you are using a disc like DVD / BluRay, then make sure it is inserted. Then choose the Disc tab and select the correct Disk device.
- Next click on the Convert / Save button to start the compression. VLC will now convert the video file. The video conversion depends on the video format and size. Once the video file is compressed, save it on desktop on any folder of your choice.
- Now click on the Browse button to choose the destination folder where you want to save the converted video.
- Now click on the drop down menu option next to the Profile label will display different video formats. Select your preferred video format.
- When you are done click on the Start.
- Wait patiently for the compression to take place.
- Voila! You have successfully Compressed Video files using VLC media player.