How To Create Torrent & Share Your Own Files (All Steps)
Do you know what is Torrent? Do you download Torrent? Do you know how to Create Torrent? Yes, most of us know and are comfortable using Torrent to download files but not everybody “really knows” how to create torrent. Many of my friends asked me about the recommended method to send a large file to others for free. I gave them many alternatives but suggested to use the Torrent protocol to share the file. Today we will discuss step by step guide to create and upload Torrent and share files with others for free.
What Is Torrent?
Torrent is a file sharing peer-to-peer protocol. Torrent is a Info hash, magnet link or .torrent extension file. Torrent is one of commonly used protocol for transferring large files as there is no centralized server hence the load gets distributed eventually. The process of uploading data in torrent is seed and process of downloading data from torrent is leech.
Downloading pirated movies, illegal software, games and copyright content from torrents is strictly prohibited. We are not promoting any illegal torrents. This topic is mainly for educational purpose.
What You Need To Create Torrent File?
- Stable Internet connection to initialize seeding.
- Torrent client (uTorrent or BitTorrent)
- WinZip / WinRAR / any file compression software to compress your file.
Steps to Create Torrent File:
To upload a torrent, first you have to make a torrent via uTorrent / BitTorrent containing all the files you need.
- Start uTorrent / BitTorrent or any other Torrent Client.
- Click on “Create a torrent” button and a new dialog box will appear.
- Add the files or select the path of the files that you want to add in your torrent. It can be a single file, or even a directory. Use WinZip / WinRAR to compress your files.
- After this step, you’ll need to add some public or private trackers into your torrent. Here is a list of some uTorrent public trackers.
- Check the box “Start Seeding”. You can also add your website link, rss link or any other comments. (Those are optional)
- Now click the CREATE button which will create a .torrent file.
- Save the .torrent file and give it a name.
- Voila! Your Torrent will start seeding now.
- You can now send this .torrent file to your friends or whoever else you want to share it with.